Jennifer’s Braised Sausages in Leek Gravy
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1 tbsp oil
(454g pack) 8 pork sausages
500g leeks, sliced
25g plain flour
450ml beef stock
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
steamed kale and mashed potatoes to serve, optional
Veg Portions / Serving: 1
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the sausages for 5 minutes to brown, transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add the leeks to the pan and fry for 2 minutes, stir in the flour and cook for 30 seconds before gradually blending in the stock, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Bring to the boil, stirring and pour over the sausages.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with steamed kale and mashed potato.
Kids in the kitchen:
Teach the kids about safety around the hob and oven and show them how to very carefully help you add ingredients to the pan and/or stir them safely. If serving with kale and mashed potatoes, have them wash and tear the kale leaves from the stalks and mash the cooked potatoes.