1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cut the garlic clove in half, then rub the inside of an oven-proof dish with it.
3. Parboil the turnip and once softened slightly, drain and put to one side.
4. Mix together the orange juice, zest, honey and oil.
5. Put the turnip and pumpkin into the oven dish, and then pour the orange glaze over the top, mixing the vegetables until completely coated.
6. Add in the remaining garlic, scatter over the bay leaves and add a pinch of salt.
7. Put the dish into the oven for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables look roasted and ready. Remove from the oven, crumble the goat’s cheese over the top, then let it melt a little before serving.
About the chef
Aaron Craze was one of the second group of trainees from Channel 4's Jamie's Kitchen programme. Aaron left school with no formal qualifications and worked in several jobs before applying to become a trainee in Jamie Oliver's London restaurant, Fifteen, graduating from its Chef Training Programme with merit. Since then Aaron has worked at restaurants including London's The Ivy and has appeared in television programmes including Junior Bake-Off.