Recipe donated by Aaron Craze from loveyourgreens.co.uk
Make Brussels sprouts fun with this tasty little trick!
1. In a roasting pan, drizzle the sprouts with the maple syrup, olive oil and salt and pepper then roast for 15 minutes at 160°C.
2. When cooked let them cool down then wrap the sprouts with Parma ham then put them onto the cocktail sticks.
3. Whisk the egg, then dust the sprouts in the flour then dip in the egg and roll in the breadcrumbs, parmesan and lemon zest.
4. Put the breaded sprouts on some baking paper then bake in the oven 190°C for 8-10 minutes.
5. Dollop some crème fraiche or Greek yogurt to dip.
Kids in the kitchen:
Let the kids take charge with this recipe – it’s meant to make sprouts fun! Let them drizzle the syrup and oil over them, and once roasted and cooled a little, let the children wrap the sprouts up in the ham. Have them take charge of prepping the breadcrumbs and egg and let them do the rolling and poking onto sticks (with a little help and supervision!). They’ll love this recipe, which makes them more likely to give them a go!
Aaron Craze was one of the second group of trainees from Channel 4's Jamie's Kitchen programme. Aaron left school with no formal qualifications and worked in several jobs before applying to become a trainee in Jamie Oliver's London restaurant, Fifteen, graduating from its Chef Training Programme with merit. Since then Aaron has worked at restaurants including London's The Ivy and has appeared in television programmes including Junior Bake-Off.